The main concept to draw a tent structure is to draw some frames, and then cover them with some meshes. Okay, let’s see how it is done.
First of all, you should change the view to a three dimensional view. Here I choose the south west isometric view. You can choose any other view you like. You need to take a three dimensional view because you are going to draw a three dimensional object.
Draw some frames using the polyline command. For this lesson, please duplicate what is drawn in the video. For how to draw a three dimensional objects, please go to the link shown on the Autocad tutorial video.
In the Autocad tutorial video, I divide the tent into four sections. This way, I could control the curve of the tent. You could divide it into two sections by deleting the middle curve, but as the result, the tent would be more curvy. You could do it by yourself after you accomplish this Autocad tutorial.
The most important thing to be noticed in drawing the meshes for the tent is, that each curve, must met each other’s end-point, instead of the lines’ intersections. This because to draw meshes, each edge’s end-point must connect to other edge’s end-point. Without this condition, the meshes could not be drawn.
For this reason, I add a layer called hidden, , to hide the curves I’ve drawn before, so that they do not distract my effort to link each curve’s end to the others’.
After the tent’s frame is completed, you should prepare the edges for the meshes. Each mesh need four edge, so in this lesson, I need to divide some arches, so that I could get four edges for the mesh. As could be seen on the video, I use the break-at-point command in this Autocad tutorial.
When the edges are ready, you could draw the meshes, and, voila, the tent is completed. You could add any materials for rendering purpose, or you just can switch the visual style into the conceptual style, or any other styles.
That’s all for this Autocad tutorial video. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this Autocad tutorial.
No comments:
Post a Comment